GUIDELINES FOR QUARANTINING AND WHEN TO TEST IF EXPOSED
The doctors of Pediatric Associates encourage ALL eligible individuals to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All doctors and staff of Pediatric Associates are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Due to COVID and the necessary screenings that are required to ensure the safety of our staff and patients, Pediatric Associates will not accept ANY walk-in visits or walk-in requests for health forms.
If you would like to schedule an appointment or need an updated health form please call the office.
We are currently testing for COVID-19 in our office, BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. We are only doing the PCR nasal swabs. Results are being reported in 48-72 hours.
ALL PEOPLE ENTERING OUR OFFICE MUST COMPLETE THE COVID SCREENING QUESTIONNAIRE THAT WILL BE TEXTED TO YOU. INCLUDED ARE QUESTIONS ABOUT TRAVEL. THE CDC GUIDELINES STATE THAT THOSE RETURNING FROM DOMESTIC OR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL, WHO ARE NOT COMPLETELY VACCINATED, BE TESTED FOR COVID 3-5 DAYS AFTER RETURN AND SELF QUARANTINE AT HOME FOR 7 FULL DAYS (YOUR DAY OF RETURN IS DAY 0). WELLNESS VISITS FOR CHILDREN YOUNGER THAN 5 YEARS OLD WHO HAVE RETURNED FROM TRAVEL WILL BE RESCHEDULED REGARDLESS OF THEIR PARENTS VACCINATION STATUS
Updated guidelines (October 2021) from The NYC DOE COVID Situation Room makes the following recommendations:
- Unvaccinated children who are exposed to an infected classmate NO LONGER need to quarantine IF the positive child and the exposed children were in their classroom, wearing masks properly over their nose and mouth AND were 3 feet apart.
- Students must quarantine If they are unvaccinated and exposed to a COVID positive student during lunch (unmasked) or in a shared space other than the classroom (gym, auditorium). Any unvaccinated student who was within 6 feet for more than 10 minutes must quarantine.
- Any unvaccinated child exposed to a positive adult in the school will be required to quarantine
- Any unvaccinated child who is required to quarantine and remains asymptomatic during their quarantine should get a COVID PCR test on the 5th day after exposure (the day of exposure is day 0), and if negative, can return to school on day 8.
- NY STATE COVID UPDATES
- COVID VACCINATION INFORMATION/FAQ- including COVID vaccination sites for children 5 years and up
- COVID 19 CDC TRAVEL GUIDELINES